Sullivan County, Indiana

A great place to call home

FAQs - Details


Are there property tax deductions for Veterans and Surviving Spouses?


Yes, see the additional details.


CODE 01 tax deduction is available to a veteran who:  a. Served at least 90 days of honorable service (can be peacetime service).  And:  b. Are totally disabled (not necessarily service connected but the disability must be evidenced by a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs pension certificate).   Or:  c. Are at least 62 years old and 10% service connected disabled.

CODE 02 tax deduction is available for veterans who:  a. Served honorably in the Armed Forces during any period of wartime.  And:  b. Are at least 10% service-connected disabled. 

CODE 01 and CODE 02 a. Served honorably during any period of wartime.  Andb. Is 100% service-connected disabled  Or:  c. Is at least 62 years of age with at least a 10% service-connected disability.

The surviving spouse can assume the tax deduction for a lifetime even if she remarries.